Thursday 5 September 2013

Day Two Pavilion




Day Two saw us venturing up London to visit the V&A Museum and the Serpentine Pavilion. After being put into our groups I visited the Pavilion First. The structure which awaited for us was so beautiful. The structure created by Sou Fujimoto an architect. Fujimoto states how the structure blurs the definition of the structure being called exterior and interior. I personally really liked the design and  the ability to still be able to view the surroundings. The design also permitted people to walk and climb on the structure allowing people to interact with the piece so much more. 


Above is some sketches I did whilst I was at the Pavilion, I tried to draw the angles and the intricate design of the building however it was very hard to keep your attention on one section because the structure was so complex. I also tried to capture people capturing a memory with there camera or working at that structure.



No comments:

Post a Comment