Thursday, 26 September 2013

3D Exploratory Day 3 Spaghetti Construction Design and Progress


In order to create the Spaghetti construction there was a lot to consider and plan. First of all I had to analyse the material I would be using in order to make a stable enough creation which would hold the three balls. The spaghetti sticks were much harder to use that I predicted, they were delicate and broke easy when trying to bend it even the slightest. Furthermore I rested my hands on some sticks and they broke straight away. Because of this I knew I would somehow make the sticks more strong so during the process I joined a coupe of sticks so they were stronger. You can see this above. I used this structure because during my bottle holder stage a lot of the most stable structures were strong with a point or square looking form. Because of this I used this concept and decided on a piece that would make the balls look as if they were balancing. During the hot gluing stage I burnt myself several times and this made me consider precision in the future. I think the process other than this was successful as well as my time management as I was able to finish within the deadline and analyse if there was anything I could do to make the structure even stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment