Monday, 23 September 2013

3D Exploratory Day 1 The test

Above you can see a short video which I set up and filmed of me and my fellow student trying out our construction. I did not think it was going to work however I did have some hope because we had previously practiced and it had worked. I do know however that guessing it is ok is not enough to ensure a sturdy construction. But I feel that me and my partner used the time provided to try out many different ideas and concept which is why I feel I made use of the time we had. If we could improve this I would probably use more tape and add more poles because it previously didn't work. You can see when watching the video especially the point where it is joined by the tape. I think that the design itself is really unique and was completely different to all the other designs made and the box shape a lot of people tried to make. If we was to carry on this project we could have gone back to the drawing board and use what we have learnt to make a more stable piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment