Thursday 3 October 2013

Graphics Exploratory Day 2- The Experiments



Here you can see three different methods that I carried out when experimenting with mark making. I used the black bit of the glue to roll onto paper because of its texture. You can see the effect of this below. Another method I used was the nails I decided to scratch paint onto the paper with my nails to create a sharp mark making method. The first picture above shows my sketchbook, taped to my pencil case, taped to my ruler, taped to a pen and willow charcoal. I though this would create a really loose mark however it was really controlled and therefore was not as free as I would have liked it. Doing this exercise did make me appreciate what I was doing and learning. I was able to really understand just how important it is to really take forward experiments that work well and continue working on the harder. I think I was successful in these experiments because consequently I was able to create effective Type from one of the experiments that worked well. I liked the looseness of working and will defiantly be considering working like this further to fuel more ideas.


Close up image of my experiments.



This creation was created by dropping watercolour and blowing. Luckily it created a 'W' look which allowed me to think how I could represent the different letters. I think the way that this mark is accidental it makes it even better because it showed I wasn't scared if it messed up. I allowed the watercolour to be quite free and when I blew on it I didn't hold back I just went for it. This created something quite effective, perhaps I could play around with the different colours.
 








No comments:

Post a Comment