Tuesday 8 October 2013

Len's Based Media Exploratory Day 2- Storyboards and Idea

This Photograph was taken by me
 The three images surrounding this text is showing the sketches of certain things the tutor asked us to draw. The first thing being six characters in your life that stood out to you. I drew six people, the first an old lady who comes into wear I work several times always wearing a the sae clothes and a massive bag, the lady also smells quite a bit. Every time I work and see her I always wonder what could possibly be in that bag. The other characters span from primary teachers, someone who saved my life to weird people who I have notice on my life journey. I really liked this exercise because it meant I could look back and use my own life to think about ideas something which will defiantly be useful in the future. Other things the tutor asked us to draw was a place which sums up a good or sad time. 3 characters from a dream and your idea of a place to escape to and hell. All of these things got you thinking about your self which was really interesting as well as seeing what others did. Four people drew on one sheet therefore at the end of it the whole paper was covered in many different drawings. The sheet at the end was really beautiful in itself.
This Photograph was taken by me
My idea of hell- A dark hole (the unknown)

This Photograph was taken by me
Finished drawings everyone did.



 
This Photograph was taken by me
After the first task in our sketchbook we were asked to start thinking of a narrative for an extraordinary in an ordinary life. We were then asked in groups to give the characters a problem and solution until eventually using six frames asked to create a story. I think our stories were really effective, we collaborated compromising different endings, with all our creative energy we kept coming up with new and interesting ways to create interesting stories for the audiences. We drew these final storyboards on our original idea sheet which showed how we shouldn't keep hold of our original ideas and explore different ways. I have learnt the importance of the narrative of a story and how narrative is important in all pathways. In order to create an effective story there needs to be a beginning an ending as well as a struggle. Without a lot of struggle I was able to see from the end critique how it can make a story mundane. Furthermore I have learnt how to let go of holding onto weird ideas and just let them out and use them. This to me was one of the most valuable things I learnt all day. One thing which I found struggling at some points was trying to come up with a solution especially when we gave a really hard problem this was resolved by changing the beginning storyline slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment