Thursday 3 October 2013

Graphic Exploration Day 2- Using typography

All these Photographs were taken by me
Above you can see three images. After the type task we were given another task that used existing fonts. I used Helvetica to create the pencil designs above, using the light box I was able to trace over the type and play around with composition and design. I really like the first design above. I decided to use the word Victorious because this is a word that will define my future self. In order to work with this word I decided to overlay an A on the O to play on my own name 'Victoria'. This is something quite powerful I think because it incorporates myself with my future. Below it you can see how I tried to play around with mirroring my future with my own name again being quite playful with type composition.

The two design above was created by me with Adobe illustrator I wanted to explore creating the initial ideas into a digital version. This meant I was able to see how I could present the design for a real purpose such as a logo or used on a website. I think this was a big factor to think about because typography has come so far and vital In the translation of Graphic and Design in general.


No comments:

Post a Comment