Thursday 3 October 2013

Graphics Exploratory Day 2- Typography

This Photograph was taken by me
Above you can see the components I will be using in order to create the type. Using the watercolour I will paint onto the stapler and print the shape left. This should recreate my original mark making experiment 'H'. When I did the original letter for the experimentation I was just trying to play around with making marks i really liked this method as it was







Above you can see the finished type I created after the experiments, I am really pleased by the finished creation and it surprised me how much I enjoyed it because usually I typography isn't my strong area. Yet this piece is really good because of the way all the letters go together like they should. I like the way all the letters are unified, but especially what sense I get from the letters. During the task Simon one of the tutors asked me what do I think the letters mean or show. I responded saying they reminded me of ivy and nature, he liked this stating yes they are quite beautiful but they reminded him of swamps and monstrous type. I think we are both right the type is disgusting in a beautiful way which is really interesting. I like the colour I chose as well because it goes well with what it represents.  

No comments:

Post a Comment