Friday 4 October 2013

Graphic Exploration Day 3-Exhibition poster


This Photograph was taken by me
Here you can see some of the bigger thumbnails I did when trying to design my exhibition posters, these designs are quite rough but I tried to explore colour and technique. This process here really helped me decide the two concepts above. I like that these designs are really messy because it shows how my thought process and the rough stages.
 
These Photograph were taken by me
I used my camera to take a photograph of my hand to work on loosely. This is something I felt was important because it will be my hand that will build my future. I used my right hand because this is my strong hand and the hand I use to design and therefore makes sense to use,
This Photograph was taken by me
This Photograph was taken by me

This Photograph was taken by me
Here you can see the logo for the V&A to add to the bottom of the poster to fit the brief. As well as this Victoria and the Albert Is one of my favourite museums and I would love to have an exhibition here in twenty years.
This Photograph was taken by me
The top two photographs you can see the watercolour drops, this is a very loose way of working and allows me to be open to accidents. Below this shot you can see the drops of the watercolour onto my sketchbook, I really like this accidental droplets this is something which I really like because I didn't know I would use this but it looks really pretty and could lead to another poster.

This Photograph was taken by me

Above you can see the final version of my poster, the different elements of the poster are simple yet I think work really well. I like the way the paint runs down the poster impacting the composition of the hand. The watercolour sums up the different elements of my future- the dripping of the paint symbolises the motion of my future a course I am thinking of taking for degree (motion graphics). Furthermore the paint from the wrist almost seems like blood but it was meant to emphasise the creativity in my blood. Using the drips of paint is something I have done a lot and I wanted to enhance this element of my work. The only thing I had a challenge with was adding type even on the newer poster with my name on I do not like it. If I could redo it I would explore more ways to do the type or use existing typography.

No comments:

Post a Comment