Thursday 1 May 2014

Week 5 Further Development progress

Monoprinting Expedition 
After looking at all these really nice anatomical bodies I knew I wanted to somehow play around with them, I felt like I could create some really nice monoprints so I chose to do several. What I didn't realise was how tricky it would be to get a clean print. However my outcomes are actually really interesting in there own right, there is a nice natural look to them linking to the really nice paintings I saw in Berlin. I think as well as this they are something you can't help but want to touch, I keep stroking the prints weirdly, this is a nice interaction like the puzzle my group designed and made in the creative making week.          (Four images below are all Author's Own)

Above shows my monoprints I created that using the anatomical blood system, it was harder than what I thought as I previously stated as the fine veins and arteries were hard to translate I was able to create the above two designs. If I had time I would continue to change colour and play around with type applied. I love these prints as imagery as themselves and think they work very well. I am hoping to add this natural quality to my motion graphic- However If I do not then I still love the imagery in themselves. 
Author's Own
Above you can see one idea i got after mono printing. I thought of perhaps somehow designing a tattoo transfer that my target audience can take after donating blood instead of the stickers you receive. I think that this idea would be really nice as it links to young people and obsession with body modification i.e tattoos or piercings. I think it also will allow for the message to be spread amongst friend circles. Above I painted on my self however I hope to use my development to create transfer tattoos alongside my motion graphic as a final outcome. 


Author's Own 2014
Above you can see the ink left on the board once I lifted the design, I like the way the ink was left behind therefore I photographed it. It was nice to see the huge block of colours smothered on the board with the white remnants illustrating the human blood system. 

Author's Own 2014 
I absolutely love the pink and the yellow, the design is not even that practical as the colours almost blur into one however there is a really nice neon feel to the them and was really nice to print with. I think these colours are something I should further consider within my project.

Life Drawing sessions
As I am adding a lot of anatomical drawings and illustrations to do with the body I felt it would be important to do some Life Drawing. Doing Life Drawing I would be able to play around with my imagery hopefully allowing for my ideas and development. 
Author's Own 2014
Here is one image I illustrated. The blue is meant to represent blood, the white shows the one pint out of 8 that they take away when you donate blood and ultimately creates a really nice visual piece. As with the patterns I enjoyed working with the colours and playing around with the idea of blood. To may this image would not have any relevance to donating blood however I think the coloring is discreet and visually impacting something I definitely want to do with my final outcome.
Author's Own 2014
Using M.C Esher as inspiration as well as Morag Myerscough's beautiful colour palette I applied some pattens to the body. I actually really like this piece and think the application of patterns does make an ordinary charcoal drawing into something more more interesting. Hopefully I can translate this further in my outcomes. 

Author's Own 2014

Above shows more development work I carried out with my life drawing, it was refreshing working into my life drawings almost as if I was applying graffiti to them with more colour and interesting patterns.

"British Library- Comics Unmasked and Beautiful Science and Pick me up at Somerset house"




Appreciate the patterns.





All images are Author's Own above 2014

Patterns everywhere! When you start to think about it patterns are everywhere and the more I think about it the more I keep seeing it. Here are some I captured on the way to the British Library. Even the colour palettes I need to consider. 


Author's Own 2014

Pick me up at Somerset house was a really amazing experience. It allowed me to see what current designers are doing and what they are selling. I think furthermore it allowed me to further my contextual research. There were so many designers that caught my attention and reinforced new ideas i could bring to motion graphics. My favourite designer that stood out to me was the PUNK collection. Above to the left you can see a temporary tattoo they designed and I won! This is really relevant to my project now. I want to design a tattoo to spread the message amongst young people. Its important to note that the design is simple and uses only black in it.

 This does beg me to question how effective a more complex design would be and if it would even work. It did make me really happy when I won a tattoo and confirmed to me that it is an amazing way to give young people something fun. The picture to the right of this is some of the business cards I picked up at the different designers stalls. I think it was really nice to see the different individual aspects of all of the design companies and how they have played around with there own name to create something very beautiful. This layout is something i want to keep developing in order to make something that works visually well.

Author's Own (Images above) 2014
Above and to the left are some notes I took from the Comics Unmasked and beautiful science. We were not allowed to photograph anything which allowed me to really mentally take in the imagery and understand why I liked something. I really loved the exhibition, i do read Manga a Japanese equivalent. I think that looking at the changing time and the way comics have varied throughout the years are really nice. More and more taboo subjects discussed and it allowed me to really take in the different types of illustrations.

The exhibition if anything allowed me to really study the different ways of  laying out my work.  A computer/TV screen is still a blank canvas and it is really vital I understand what I want to lay out and how I can make it visually exciting. I think comic books really harness this exercise and allow for the most when it comes to laying out. Another thing which I really liked looking at was Typography playfulness.  Like layout typography in comics books are actually really playful and change in order to fit with the genre or story line. I really tried to take in and understand what elements I though worked and what didn't so that I could understand what typography I would like to play around within my Motion Graphic.
Quick Recap of all the ideas I have looked at so far: Hand pattern work,  Typography spurge of fun!, A documentary type piece, mono printing stop motion and a more playful dancing piece.


Author's Own 2014
Above you can see the beginnings of  me designing my final pieces. Here is just some notes of what I want to say ( the content of my motion graphic). The right of that is some audio ideas. I wasn't sure what I audio wanted so I just noted some of my ideas. Either instrumental quirky, a catchy song or quirky instrumental with narration over the top. Furthermore I need to consider  copyright and whether I am able to use the songs. The lyrics are below: The audio is very important to think about as the motion graphic really needs audio that will not only make the motion graphic look good but also to appeal to my target audience. One song which I heard on my ipod I think relates perfectly. The song itself is really quirky and catchy and could work very well!
http://www.lyricsreg.com/lyrics/king+charles/LoveBlood/ Accessed on 1/05/2014

Well I've got love in my blood and I got you on my brain
I haven't got enough blood
I cannot love you enough
If you've got love in your blood
If it is bolder than death
Oh let it spill, let it spillOver the heart you left bear

Young blood, the old song, 
New love, let it grow
We will never fall apart
You can't tear a soul but you can tear a heart
But the summer sun is slow to fall
Our shadow stretched out over the lawn
Take a picture before we're old
We've never looked so beautiful

And I will build a towering spire
Of passion built by my desire
Oh give me time to gather the fuel 
For I know flames in time will cool

I give my flesh and all it's ambition
I give you my love and all lovers vision
If you love me just the same
We will never ever pass away

Well I got love in my love in my blood 
And I got you on my brain 
I haven't got enough blood
I cannot love you enough
If you've got love in your blood 
If it's bolder than death
Oh let it spill, let is spill
Over the heart u left bear

Well I got love in my blood 
( love blood) 

And I've got you on my brain
( you brain)
I haven't got neough blood
(Got blood) 
I cannot love you enough
( love enough) 
If you've got love in your blood 
( love blood)
If it's bolder than death
(Bold death
Oh let it spill, let is spill
( spill blood) 
Over the heart u left bear
( heartless) 

I want your love in my blood
( love blood) 

Cause I need you in my veins 
( you veins) 
I know you've got enough love
( enough love) 
Well I got love in my blood 
( love blood) 
And I've got you on my brain
( you brain)
I haven't got neough blood
(Got blood) 
I cannot love you enough
( love enough) 
If you've got love in your blood 
( love blood)
If it's bolder than death
(Bold death
Oh let it spill, let is spill
( spill blood) 
Over the heart u left bear
( heart bear)

No comments:

Post a Comment